It is staffed by experienced category specialists, our sourcing teams get sustainable results fast in real-time results that improve the bottom line and create competitive advantage for end customers.
- More than 30 category experts in rank and file on staff covering functional areas including subject matter experts (SMEs) on key categories.
- World class systems & processes focusing on supplier market analysis and market intelligence.
- Value engineering with help of techno- commercial approach promotion of design to cost solutions and procurement to suit custom built requirement.
Howe Engineering Projects (India) Pvt. Ltd. (HEPIPL) commercial & contracts cell can offer the services to perform any procurement/ contract activity with the knowledge of global sourcing market, local & international laws and taxation, import and customs clearance using the best procurement practices.
Areas focused in sourcing and procurement:
- Bulk material procurement (steel, cement, pipe, plate, fittings, cables, valves etc.)
- Contracts & packages (EPC and E-P-C)
- Civil packages(marine and non-marine)
- Mechanical packages
- Electrical, Instrumentation and Automation packages
- Capital goods, machinery, equipment & heavy earth moving equipment (HEMM)
- Capital and maintenance dredging
- Railway project procurement, contracts & services
- All type site and consultancy services contracts
Techniques and tools used:
- Demand/ spend projection & consolidation
- Project and annual procurement planning
- Parametric estimation, activity based costing (ABC)
- Fact based negotiation (FBN)
- Procurement based on TCO (total cost of ownership) concept
- Product rationalization, variety reduction and standardization approach
- Domestic and global procurement including import substitution
- Contractual risk management with risk mitigation plan and risk monitoring
- Vendor identification, on boarding, managing long term vendor relationships, vendor performance evaluation & management